home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Cream of the Crop 25 / Cream of the Crop 25.iso / bbs / fg200.zip / FALKGUN.DOC < prev    next >
Text File  |  1997-05-14  |  4KB  |  80 lines

2.                            F  A  L  K  -  G  U  N
  3.                                   v 2.0
  4.                          written by Chris Whitacre.
  5.                           Copyright (c) 1993 - 97
  7.     Warranty: There are no warranties on this program, so use at your own risk.
  8. This program, however, is to my best knowledge bug free, but then again, I'm
  9. only a machine....
  11.     Description: FG was created from memory from an old WWIV game that I ran
  12. about 5 years ago. The purpose of the game is to get to airfield #31 and kill
  13. the dreaded MIG29. When this is done, the game for that user is over, and he
  14. is then added to the winners list and his character is erased. Before this time,
  15. they can fight each other, gamble their cash, play the lottery, or fight migs.
  16. Other ideas for entertainment are in the works right now, but gambling is the
  17. only one installed as of now. This game was created with the idea of a true text
  18. game: if something is awaiting approval in the game, the user MUST type in
  19. either YES or NO (case insensitive). All commands are complete names. None
  20. of this single character translations stuff.
  22.     Installation: FG can be installed anywhere on the HD. It does not have to
  23. be installed in your falken directory unless you want it to be. I recommend
  24. putting it in a directory off of your mainbbs directory. Off of that directory
  25. there must exist a directory called users, this is where all the data files
  26. goto that are created by the game. The game will create 2 types of files.
  27. One with the file name of the account name and number from the bbs, this file
  28. stores all the data from the user playing the game, and one called
  29. xxxxxxxx.rpt where x is the user number, this file is a straight text file
  30. that is a report of what has happened to the user while he was not in the
  31. game, such as got into a fight and won, or lost, how many points damage he did
  32. to the opponent, or his opponent did to him, this file will be erased when he
  33. is done reading it to save on space. You may freely modify in any way shape
  34. or form the instruct.txt file to suit your needs, you may even embed color
  35. codes into this file, but, beware, falken counts ANSI codes for characters.
  37.    BBS setup: FG can be put anywhere in the bbs's menuing system, load up your
  38. bbscfg.exe and decide where you want it, select the command key, give it the
  39. path to the filename and the dir where you put the game as a command line
  40. parameter. IE: F  falkgun\falkgun .\falkgun\ (The trailing \ is not manditory
  41. but is prefered, the game will add one if its not there) and your all set now.
  42. Have a blast trying to play it....
  44.    Registration: FG is fully functional, but, until registered, a stupid
  45. little note will appear every minute or so stating that the game is not
  46. registered, and each user will be kicked out of the game every 5 minutes at a
  47. menu prompt. They will not be removed if they are doing battle, also, the
  48. user will not be able to get past field 10. The cost is 15 bux per copy and
  49. you are allowed 1 copy per machine. There are no limitations as to how many
  50. players can be in the door at one time except for memory. All upgrades are
  51. free from that point out. When you get your new FALKGREG.DAT file place it
  52. in your specified path.
  54.   Registration note: You MAY NOT give your registration key to anyone
  55. whatsoever for whatever reasoning it may be.
  57.    Bug Reports: FG Bugs should be reported to me. I can be emailed at the
  58. following bbs's under the name of Car Doctor.
  60.    M-42              : 209-584-2895 (I check here minutely)
  61.    The Midnight Hour : 209-582-4747 (My BBS)
  62.    Internet email    : cd@midnight.kingsnet.com
  63.    Telnet Support BBS: midnight.kingsnet.com
  65. Registration:
  67.   Send 15.00 payable to:
  69.   Chris Whitacre
  70.   P.O. Box 1703
  71.   Hanford, Ca 93232-1703
  73. Special thanks to:
  75. My wife for not ringing my neck at the computer.
  76. M-42 for testing purposes, and being a great friend.
  77. Terri of Pacific Horizons for testing out my programs.
  78. Vangelis, even though we don't talk anymore, he was a good teacher.
  79. All the users that got addicted to the game....